Blueberry Ricotta Gnocchi in Brown Butter Basil Sauce
Blueberry Ricotta Gnocchi
- 3/4 cup of fresh BC Blueberries
- 3/4 cup of ricotta (strained)
- 6 tbsp of flour
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Brown Butter Basil Sauce
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 8 basil leaves
- Cook down your fresh blueberries into a jam-like consistency in a saucepan over medium heat. Once at desired consistency transfer jam into a container and cool in fridge.
- Mix ricotta, flour, parmesan, and olive oil in a bowl. Add in the chopped basil and blueberry reduction, combine well.
- Generously sprinkle flour on work area and, working with half of the dough at a time, roll dough into a log shape about an inch in diameter (up to you how thick you want the individual gnocchi pieces to be). Cut the gnocchi into one inch pieces (or desired size).
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and drop in gnocchi.
- The gnocchi will sink to the bottom and as soon as it does, using a utensil/spatula, prod the gnocchi so that they lift off the bottom of the pot. This will prevent them from sticking for the remainder of their cooking period.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the gnocchi float to the top.
- While gnocchi is cooking, brown butter in a frying pan. To brown butter just keep cooking it on low-medium heat until you see the colour change. Add in basil leaves.
- Once the gnocchi has finished boiling, add it to the pan and fry until it gets a bit golden and crispy. Promptly serve and eat!