Blueberry Crumble Bar
- 2 cups fresh BC blueberries
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Bottom Layer & Crumble
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking dish with baking sheet paper and grease with butter.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice & sugar for the blueberry mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar & baking powder.
- Cut in the butter & egg yolk with a pastry cutter until you get pea-sized crumbles.
- Pour about three-quarters of the dry mixture into the prepared baking dish. Pour the blueberry mixture over top.
- Add in brown sugar with the remaining dry texture.
- Crumble the remaining dry mixture over the blueberry mixture by squeezing it in a fist with your hand, then crumbling it over top.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until you see the blueberries bubbling and the crumble layer starting to turn golden.
- Allow to cool fully to room temperature, then enjoy!