Blueberry Chocolate Stout Bundt Cake
- 4 cups (600g) B.C. Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup (175ml) Stout Beer (excluding foam)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (390g) All purpose unbleached flour
- ¼ cup (30g) Unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 1 tbsp to dust pan
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) Baking soda
- 1 tsp (5ml) Cinnamon
- ½ cup (115g) Salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) Granulated sugar
- 2 large (100g) Eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) Sour cream or yogurt
- 1 cup (150g) B.C. Blueberries, fresh or frozen (do not thaw if using frozen)
- 1 cup (150g) B.C. Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup (50g) Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) Water
- 3 oz (85g) Semi sweet dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30ml) 10% or cream
- 1 tsp (5ml) Pure vanilla extract
- In saucepan, bring blueberries and stout to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 20 min. Add vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- Position rack in centre and pre-heat oven to 350°F/176°C. Generously butter bundt pan, dust with 1 tbsp cocoa.
- In bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, set aside. Toss blueberries with 1 tsp flour, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl, add eggs one at a time until smooth. On low speed, mix in dry ingredients alternating with sour cream and stout mixture, fold in floured berries.
- Pour batter in pan. Bake for 90 min until toothpick comes out clean. Invert and cool on wire rack.
- Glaze: simmer blueberries, sugar and water on low for 10 min until reduced. Pass mixture through mesh sieve and heat syrup on low. Stir in remaining ingredients until smooth. Cool, pour immediately onto cake. Serve with custard.