Baked Blueberry Doughnuts
- ¾ cup (110 g) B.C. blueberries, fresh or frozen (unthawed)
- ¾ cup (100 g) All purpose unbleached flour, plus ½ tsp
- ¼ cup (50 g) Extra fine granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (pinch) Salt
- 1 (50 g) Large egg
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Milk
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Maple syrup
- ½ cup (65 g) Icing sugar- sifted
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F/160°C with rack positioned in the centre. Generously butter a non-stick doughnut pan.
- Toss a ½ tsp of flour with the blueberries and set aside. Do not thaw if using frozen blueberries.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In small bowl whisk the egg, milk and vanilla, slowly mix in the melted butter, add the blueberries.
- Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the doughnut pan and bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, whisk the maple syrup and icing sugar until well blended.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled doughnuts and allow to set.