As BC blueberry growers rely on honeybee pollination for reliable fruit set, the health of blueberry-pollinating colonies is of utmost importance.
The BC Blueberry Council works with member growers to ensure management of fields is done with the health of the bees and other pollinators in mind. See some helpful resources below:
- Blueberry Production Guide- Ministry of Agriculture (See 'Pollination' section)
- Pollination Fact Sheet - Ministry of Agriculture
Pollinator Habitat Project
The BC Blueberry Council is pleased to announce the second-year offering of The Pollinator Habitat Project, supported by Syngenta. Learn more below!
Through this funded project, interested growers will have the opportunity to create a bee-friendly garden on their property. This project aims to incorporate pollinator habitats into existing blueberry fields to increase bee diversity and pollinator services.
What is the process for interested growers?
- Plan to set aside a 40 m2 plot
- Contact us to sign up by January 31st, 2023
- Clear your plot in preparation for planting.
- Plants to be picked up locally in March for spring planting
Contact Dee Gorn!
Sign up by email: email@example.com
Sign up by phone: 604-838-3048
Sign-Up Deadline is January 31st, 2023
See a grower testimonial below:
Pollination Services *
Bear Creek Honey
Mart C van Herk
Lee Gibeau, Director of Beekeeping Operations
7480 176 St.,
Loe-Bee Honey Farms
* This list is not exhaustive- we will continue to update it as information is gathered.