Blueberry Chocolate Fondue
- 1½ cups (225 g) B.C. blueberries - fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (240 ml) 35% whipping cream
- 3 tbsp (30 g) granulated sugar
- 6 oz (180 g) semi sweet dark chocolate - chopped, (1¼ cups)
- 1 tbsp (30 ml) liqueur or spirit, such as Grand Marnier or Cognac
1. In a saucepan, heat the blueberries, cream and sugar for 10-15 minutes on a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
2. Remove from heat. Puree in a blender, covered with lid and cloth, until smooth.
3. Return mixture to the saucepan to reheat.
4. Remove from heat, add the chopped chocolate, and stir until smooth. Stir in the liqueur.
5. Transfer to a fondue bowl, and serve with fruit and pound cake.