Please rest assured that the BC Blueberry Council is monitoring the rapidly evolving situation of the COVID-19, and will keep you updated on any new developments or announcements that pertain to our industry.
Updated information can also be found here: HealthLinkBC which covers preventative measures for the newly identified coronavirus, COVID-19.
This information is also available in English, Spanish and Punjabi (click links to access information in respective language). Please feel free to share this with your employees.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has the outbreak update information on the COVID-19, found here.
According to the BC Center for Disease Control the following measures should be taken at your place of work:
- Cleaning: Consider increasing routine cleaning practices – if you are cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces once a day, move to twice a day using the products you already use.
- Space: Consider the density of your business and provide additional space for customers and employees to interact; for example, consider how line ups or seating could be expanded so that people are able to put some distance – 1 to 2 meters – between one another.
- Hand hygiene: Ensure your washrooms remain stocked with soap and consider offering hand sanitizer at entrances.
- Communication: Show your customers, clients, members, and employees what you are doing to support the efforts to slow transmission of this virus by communicating online and at your place of business.
- Employees who feel unwell: Support your employees to stay home if they are sick.
For more information from the BC Centre for Disease Control, please click here.
There will be an update on the TFW and SAWP, in the interim, please feel free to follow WALI here.
More useful links can be found here.
We’re monitoring government updates and advisories regularly and will continue to keep you up to date. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact me.
BC Blueberry Council
604 864 2117