Blueberry Breakfast Salad
- 2 pounds Mixed, torn salad greens
- Blueberry Vinaigrette - Recipe follows
- 4 cups Fresh blueberries
- 4 cups Fresh orange sections or canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups Granola
1. Toss salad greens with 1-1/2 cups of the Blueberry Vinaigrette. Divide the dressed greens among eight large plates.
2. Arrange 1/2 cup orange sections and 1/2 cup blueberries on top of each salad.
3. Sprinkle each salad with 1/4 cup granola. Drizzle remaining dressing on top. Serve immediately.
Yield : 8 portions
Blueberry Vinaigrette: In a food processor container, combine 1 cup olive oil, 1 cup frozen blueberries (thawed), 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard,
2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons minced shallot, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Process until mixture is smooth. Chill at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Yield : 2 cups
© 2009 BC Blueberry Council
275 - 32160 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W5
Tel: 604 864 2117 Fax: 604 864 2197 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org