- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in bite-size pieces
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz. each), grilled or sautéed until cooked through (see note, below)
Preheat oven to 350ºF and spread walnuts in one layer on baking sheet. Bake until just toasted and aromatic, about 8 minutes; remove and let cool.
To prepare vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper.
For the salad, in a medium bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, walnuts and bell pepper; add half of the vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a large bowl, toss greens with remaining vinaigrette. Divide greens among 4 plates; top with fruit and walnut mixture. Slice each chicken breast diagonally and serve with the salad.
Note: If desired, make a double recipe of the vinaigrette, and use half of it for marinating the chicken before cooking. Discard any vinaigrette used for marinating.
Yield: 4 portions
© 2009 BC Blueberry Council
275 - 32160 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W5
Tel: 604 864 2117 Fax: 604 864 2197 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org