Blueberry Spinach Lentil Salad
Yields 2 main portions, or 4 side portions, ¾ cup of dressing
Blueberry Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup (75 g) B.C Blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Honey
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Salt
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Pepper
- 3 cups (90 g) Fresh spinach leaves, washed and stems removed
- 1½ cups (225 g) Fresh B.C. Blueberries
- 1 cup (125 g) Cooked green lentils, cooled
- ¾ cup (100 g) Apple, sliced
- ½ cup (75 g) Goat cheese (optional)
- ⅓ cup (40 g) Walnuts, chopped
- To make vinaigrette, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Keep refrigerated.
- Toss the spinach leaves in a small amount of the blueberry apple cider vinaigrette and place at the bottom of a large shallow bowl.
- Layer the blueberries, lentils and apple on the bed of dressed spinach.
- Drizzle with more vinaigrette and top with goat cheese and walnuts.
© 2009 BC Blueberry Council
275 - 32160 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W5
Tel: 604 864 2117 Fax: 604 864 2197 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org