Blueberry Shrimp Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3/4 pound (about 20) medium-size shrimp, boiled or grilled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup edamame or green peas, cooked
- 5 ounces (about 4 cups) mixed salad greens
- Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) firm white cheese, such as feta, crumbled
In a large salad bowl, toss shrimp, blueberries, walnut pieces, edamame (or peas) and salad greens. Evenly divide salad onto six plates; drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette. Sprinkle cheese around edges of salad.
Yield : 4 portions
Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, whisk 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
© 2009 BC Blueberry Council
275 - 32160 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W5
Tel: 604 864 2117 Fax: 604 864 2197 Email:email@example.com